Railcar Grounding System
Static Grounding for Rail Cars
The Rite PLUS™ provides positive verification of static ground (earth) connections on a wide range of industrial plant equipment, including rail cars, drums, containers, and other conductive equipment.
Whenever flammable liquids or powders are transferred, or wherever there is a risk of conductive plant items becoming isolated from ground within hazardous locations, effective grounding and bonding is necessary to ensure safe dissipation of static electricity to prevent fires and explosions which can be ignited by static. When connected to a tanker truck or other conductive equipment, the intrinsically safe monitoring circuit verifies a low resistance connection and dissipation path to ground. Good connection is confirmed by pulsing LED indicators, releasing a pair of voltage-free output contacts and enabling the transfer of product to start.
- Explosion-proof (XP/Ex d) controller with intrinsically safe monitoring modulen
- Explosion-proof (XP/Ex d) controller with intrinsically safe monitoring module
- Universal grounding clamp™ with 10m (32ft) of 2 conductor hytrel™ protected cable
- Ground connection junction box with stowage pin for universal grounding clamp
- Confirms safe, low-resistance static dissipation path (< 10 ohms) from tanker, drum, etc. to designated ground pointn Confirms safe, low-resistance static dissipation path (< 10 ohms) from tanker, drum, etc. to designated ground point
- Meets requirements of NFPA 77, API RP 2003, and CENELEC CLC/TR: 50404 recommended best practice on controlling static electricity in hazardous areas
- Universal grounding clamp™ suits all common tankers, drums, conductive plant equipment
- Every unit supplied with full installation and operating manual
- Easy to install, operate, and maintain
- Ground connection junction box simplifies IS field wiring, system set-up, and repairs in hazardous atmospheres